Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Miracles continued....

welcome back.....

       *little explanation as to why my house is the purple house. When my husband and I first lived in this house it was blue. One summer we painted the house a tan color...not priming it at all. Well as the years went by the lovely blue that was the color we painted over slowly bled through the tan and created its own lovely hue of purple.

   After talking with citation man and when I changed my attitude so did our circumstance.

      In passing I had told my brother Jef of our new adventure of painting our house. Never really thinking of it, it was just a conversation of what was new in our life. Well as Faith/Fate would have it Jef would be the answer to our prayers.

  
before picture of outside of house

    As it turned out my brother Jef who is an attorney had  been working on a case for a friend of his that was taking a long time to settle. The friend of his did not have the money to pay Jef until his claim was settled. It just so happen to be that this friend of Jef's is a painter. Jef's friend had offered to do "trade" for Jef in exchange for the money that he would owe him. Jef's house was new to him and his family and did not "need" any  painting done. However, his sister did. So one sunny morning in June Jef called me and said "Liz, I think we have a solution to your problem." He explained that his friend could paint our home in trade for the money that he owed him. Wow!!! what a blessing! my brother was willing to sacrifice his payment in order for my home to be painted. And Jef did not want me to pay him back the money.
     
         With the help of my family we all got busy scraping the house..then priming the house.. then..the wonderful blessing painters came in and painted the house....it is a very Happy Ending...of which I will call a Miracle.




                                                              Beautiful After Picture~

This was a month long project but it could have taken far longer than that.
Now when I drive up to my home it truly does RISE up to meet me (thanks Oprah)!

I am so Grateful to have such an awesome family~ which I also call a Miracle.

xoxox Lizzie
 




 

1 comment:

  1. My goodness it's amazing how different it looks. That is so funny about the "purple," for some reason I had it in my head that you had painted it a mauve color.

    ReplyDelete